Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Flat shoes

I remember how my feet ached like crazy whenever I wore heels after the 2nd trimester of my pregnancy. The pain on my feet was so bad that it continued to throb long after I had taken off my shoes.

Being the katek* that I am, I actually shunned away from those flats mainly because of vanity. At only 155 cm tall, wearing heels was my way of deluding myself that I am “tall enough’, and if throbbing feet was the only price I had to pay for a decent height, so be it!

(Un)Fortunately, I could not last that long, as wearing heels really took a toll on me as my weight increased in proportion to the size of my pregnant tummy. I remember how the bottom of my feet would hurt to no end for days and days. So bad was the pain that I had to a switch (unwillingly, may I add!) to wearing flat shoes! And flats were my only mode of transport when I am out and about for many, many months. Until recently.

Now that I am no longer pregnant, I rejoiced at the thought of being able to wear all my heels and platform shoes, and finally feeling decently ‘tall’ once again. However, after a 9 hour work day in heels for several days, (and still trying to lose my pregnancy weight), my optimism and attachment to heels was met with some discomfort of aching and sore feet. My feet had undergone a very rude shock.

I guess I should screw it with vanity; I really should consider going back to flats. They can indeed be the most comfy shoes ever!

*Katek means shorty in Malay

No comments: