Monday, February 23, 2009

Wrong Number!

Was rudely awaken at 7am this morning by not one, but THREE consecutive phone calls from the same person. Needless to say, the 1st call was already a wrong number as the bugger had rattled in Thai as soon as I answered it. Being unceremoniously jolted out of bed annoyed me, and so I had told him curtly that it was the wrong number, hung up and even rejected the subsequent call. I've seen this number on my mobile several times some time last week registered as missed calls. I remember picking up once and the line went dead. I'm sure whoever he/she was, he/she was not looking for me.

On the 3rd call, smokes were already coming out of my ears. So I picked up and shouted a "wrong number!" At this point, he asked me in English "Are you a foreigner?" I am, I said, and added strings of expletives to that and all he said was "Oh! Sorry." Oklah at least he did apologize, but how does it matter if I'm foreigner or Thai? I could be a Thai and it still will not be the person he was looking for at bloody 7 am!

I don't know what is it with the Thais, but they can be so bloody persistent. Did they think that the callee would somehow miraculously change to the person they are looking for, had they called 5x to the same number?

No comments: