Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Musk Melon

This, by far, must have been the most atrociously expensive melons I have ever seen.


I was trying to get a decent shot of the fruit and the price, but the sales person there was clearly not happy and after warning me several times, and I pretended that I did not understand her, she then just tried to block me in every way she could. 

Two thousand, five hundred and fifty baht.  For one friggin’ melon! That is more than SGD 100. An insane amount of money to pay for a damn melon.  

I do wonder if it tastes any different from a 200 baht melon? I’m inclined to think it would be, otherwise, what is the point? But still, how much for deliciously different it could be? 

Who buys such an expensive melons, anyway? And really, for what?  You eat it, you shit it out and then boom! Gone. There was not even a taste test for crying out loud. How does the price justify the purchase?

The price they sold this so-called Musk Melon is mind-boggling.

No comments: