Monday, April 2, 2012

If You Could Only See

This song has been playing in my head for more than a week now eversince I heard it on-air whilst I was chilling out with a good friend last weekend. It seemed so long ago since I last heard it, and while I recognised the melody, and could even remember some of the lyrics, I had no clue what the title of the song was!

Can't bear the thought of not knowing, I then shamelessly asked the waiter for the name of the song. He kindly checked it for me and told me that the one that was played on air was covered by "Boyce Avenue" - a name I haven't heard of before.

As I found out soon after, the song was first released by a band called Tonic way back in 1997.

I don't know what it is about the song, but the melody (not so much of the lyrics this time) got to me. It gave me a sense of nostalgia, and I like the soothing voice of the vocalist.

Enjoy!

No comments: