Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Short weekend in SG

A last minute decision a couple of weeks ago had us back in Singapore for a real short visit last weekend. (Although, this time, it felt like as if we were in the Philippines instead- will explain in anotherpost)

It was not jammed pack with plans, but it was still quite a stressful trip as Spud’s hyperactivity dominates our lives. It was especially tough in the plane as she refused to be strapped up and did not want to go down for any naps. Her “I do not want anything you feed me, especially during dinner time” spree came back –I blame it on the fact that her routine and things she is familiar with have all been screwed up. Something which we cannot help when we are travelling.

Luckily for us, she goes down semi-fine in the evening and slept through till the next day. Only, she has been quite adamant to rouse us from our slumber at 5 frigging am in the morning…

So we are completely knackered; but at least I managed satisfy my long-time craving for sambal stingray at our favourite "Auntie Bird nest's" stall in Newton Circus while catching up with a few good friends and ate insane amount of food!

The pictures here do not look half as good, but trust me, the taste of them were all so heavenly! (and, this was not even half of what we ordered….)

Sambal Stingray

Chilli Crab
 Ahhhh! It will be a while before I can get my hands of that sambal stingray again. Tsk.Tsk.Tsk

No comments: