Monday, December 26, 2011

Last week in Dec

We are now into the 4th week of December and exactly a week more till the 1st Jan 2012; and I spent the last 2 weeks battling through more than 10 hours of work schedule, trying to get home on time and still missing a few evenings of being able to put Spud to bed. 

It also feels like ages ago since I last wrote a post too and at this stage, there has been no sign of respite to my workload dwindling down!

But it IS the last week of December…the weather has gone considerably chilly – with the weekend at a constant 25 °C and today at a cool 24 °C .

I have also, here and now,  decided to take it slow at work for a little bit before the madness starts again next week. After all, I do deserve a little break from being a corporate slave, do I not? 

Despite the hectic work schedule though, personal time out of the office has been great with Silver Bullet and Spud, especially with my parents coming over for a visit in the last 10 days to spend time with us.  

Wait.

Let me re-phrase that: They came over to spend time with Spud -  not really quite “us” anymore as we have been relegated to lower priority these days…

But that does not matter, what matters is that they get to spend quality time with their grand-daughter they hardly get to see beyond pictures and updates on my blog post. And, top that up with my darling mom cooking us her delish home-cooked meals…I certainly could not ask for more. 

The best surprise was when I came back home from work to my mom making ondeh-ondeh for us! Ondeh-ondeh is a very traditional dessert made out of sweet potato and glutinous rice flour  - one of my favourite childhood dessert and one which I have not had for a long time.

It is soft and chewy in texture and when you put one round green ball into your mouth and chew on it, it explodes out sugar-bombs!

I’m telling you, those little coconut-covered green balls are just heavenly…so heavenly that Silver Bullet feels challenged that he now wants to give the ondeh-ondeh a go.

If you could only see the grin on my face when he said that! 

I certainly am hopeful and looking forward to him trying out those green balls out and I would be a very happy camper if my husband is able to make it like my mom’s! :)

No comments: