Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mommy feet

My feet has grown.

By more than 1.5x shoe-sizes than I care to admit.

All of this since my pregnancy more than a year ago...

And I had thought that somehow, after more than a year later, I would somehow be able to wear my old shoes still. I was not looking forward to shop for shoes and I had thought (and really hoped!) that my feet would have shrunk again to its original size by now.

I tried on one of my old pair of platform shoes I used to wear before I got pregnant. And then try the other few more platform shoes I owned. My feet looked traumatised. And it makes me sad.


By now,  I cannot fit into most, if not all of them. I practically had to throw away at least 4 pairs of shoes by now; the very ones I used to use for work which I bought before I got pregnant. (I don't own that very many pair of shoes as compared to most of my female friends!)

Most of which were platform shoes...one of the very few styles I really like and, without verging on ugly platforms, are one of the very few types of shoes that are very hard to find these days.

Crap.

Crap.

Crap.

And my feet is at least 2 sizes bigger now.

If you know me in person, you know that I am quite petite. Not slim (I wish!), but as compared to my husband, I am puny. With a very big feet. How bizarre is that?

As I found out, the changes to the size of me feet after birth is permanent...

Crap.

Yep. I'm going to be that puny lady with very big feet.

Which, on the hindsight is okay, really. I'll look funny, but still OK.

The thing is, I'm actually more annoyed at the fact that I need to go looking for decent shoes and anything that is above size 39 (or 8.5) will be quite a feat to get in this country. Which means that I'll probably be destined to only buy fugly shoes!

CRAP.

No comments: