Saturday, September 3, 2011

Boring polling

It just so happened that we booked our flight back to Singapore on the day of the Presidential Election. And since my name has been re-instated back into the system since I missed the last general election, I had to go to the nearest polling station to vote for a new president the moment I got to my parent’s place.

Talk about priorities. I literally had to drop everything the moment we got home to go vote, because it was only a couple of hours away before they closed the polling station that day.

It must have been more than 15 years ago since I voted, and to be honest, there is nothing to be excited about. The whole thing is as boring as the look on this polling card which has been given to every eligible voters in the country.


Having said that, 15 years ago or now, I am not sure if my vote makes a difference then and now… because the person who is now the President of Singapore is not the person I voted for.

Apparently, 65% of Singaporeans also did not vote of this person who is now the President of Singapore. That means, majority of Singaporeans do not want this person. Period.

If that is not delusional, I don’t what is.

Sad story.

No comments: