Saturday, February 19, 2011

Baby-Proofing

I cannot believe how mobile Spud has become these days. While she can’t do a proper crawl just yet, she is able to inch her way around; taking a mere 2 minutes from the other end of the mat to creep herself up to me when I’m about 3 meters away and sitting on the other side of the mat.

While putting “obstacles” in her way (i.e. stuff toys, pillows and more pillows amongst other things), might just slow her down a little, she is still determined to get to “the other side”. In fact, she had seemed more fuelled up with an even bigger determination when she saw those obstacles in her way, and showing no signs of slowing down whatsoever!

So quick she has become when it comes to inching towards me that it is now almost an impossible task for me to pump and mind her at the same time. Unlike before where she was still pretty much stuck to one spot, now the little imp will not only be impelled to inch herself to me, but at the same time will keep grabbing my pump unit or tug the tubing of the pump quite strongly that it just comes off in her hand!

She also hardly ever stays in the same spot in one minute, making me super convinced that she should and could never be left alone on the floor without any supervision. She basically is reaching out for anything and everything now. Just look at her painstakingly going on all fours, trying to get herself to places or trying to chase the cats. (check out her massive eye-bags here too!)


We have recently lowered her bed, get the apartment to replace our nice black glass table, remove the candle-holders and what nots off the table, as well as doing a little bit of baby proofing -- starting with boxing up the electrical sockets!

Judging from the child-proofing list I was reading about, and at the risk of me sounding like paranoid nutter, I guess we better start getting on it real soon. We actually still have a long way to go, and this is only the introductory stage of baby-proofing our home! Gasp!!!

No comments: