Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The bridge with a warning

Spotted on the railings of a stairway on both ends of a bridge:
What I saw as I walked up the stairs
What I saw as I walked down the stairs
Signs such as these never fail to bring a smile and (a smirk) to my face. With all sorts of cable wires jutting out and hanging haphazardly right above my shoulder as well as within an arm's reach, I can't help but feel anxious that I just might unknowingly get electrocuted from my innocent little walk across the bridge.

As I tried to take a close-up shot of what lurk right behind one of the signs, a security guard on "bridge duty" quickly intervened and shoo-ed me off. I must have imagined that he must have thought I might be a potential terrorist; given the sheer number of embassies located within that area.

He didn't ask me to delete the pictures, and I managed to get a decent shot. Check out those cables!


Wires hanging about precariously all over Thailand with barely an inch above anyone's head is really not such an uncommon sight. What is uncommon is the fact that this is the only bridge I have come across so far that bears any warning.

Not that anyone cares, but I guess I should be grateful for the reminder (and the fact that I was not immediately arrested for making him think that I might have been a potential terrorist!)





No comments: