Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chocoholicism

The amount of chocolates I have been eating of late has just been insane. I don’t know what got to me but the cravings for chocolates have just been ultra-intense. So intense that I have to have it on a daily basis, a few times a day.

I devour all kinds. I’m obsessed with M&Ms, Black Forest Cake, Chocolate Mousse, Magnum Ice-creams and Soft Fudge Chocolate cake. I can’t seem to be able to stop myself and it is scary. It got so bad that I was even eating a 10 cm soft chocolate chip cookie for breakfast for 5 days in a row on top of a stick of Magnum ice-cream for dessert after lunch and/or dinner!

Image Source: Google Images

It’s like my chocoholicism came back with a vengeance after a 9 month aversion to anything chocolates when I was pregnant with Squirt. For those 9 months, my love for chocolates and cakes suddenly dissipated. I did not care for anything sweet, and there was not an inkling of desire whatsoever with chocolates. It was bizarre.

Now, this is beyond bizarre! I consumed so much chocolates that I’m feeling so disgusted by it. Yet, in my mind, I can never have enough of it and I keep craving for more. I have never had cravings with such intensity.

I don’t know what is going on with these crazy post-pregnancy hormones, but I think it is time I restraint myself from getting anywhere near chocolates or I’ll run the risk of going back to my pregnancy stage. And aaaackkkkkkkkkk! No. I cannot have that.

At this point, just for once, I wish I have that pregnant chocolate aversion hormone back! At least I did not have to try too hard in trying to avoid it as I just did not want it.

Damn you chocolate hormones!

No comments: