Thursday, April 2, 2009

Over and out! (for a bit)

It's now official! I am now officiating the fact that I no longer am required to go to work as of this afternoon! Well...at least for a bit. Nineteen and a half days to be exact. That's two and a half weeks of not being a corporate slave. That's 2 half weeks of paid vacation and I can't withhold my exuberance any longer. I am officially on leave! Please don't hate me for it.

It has been a while since we've had a proper vacation. For me, it must have been at least 3 years ago. Way too long...and indeed, I'm welcoming this big break to get away from Thailand for a while. The small breaks within Thailand and going to Singapore doesn't count, ah!

Tomorrow, we are heading off to Tanzania to indulge our passion in the exciting world of wild life. Tickets are booked and we have had our required vaccinations for Africa. I had 3 to be exact - typhoid, yellow fever and tetanus. We started our 1st malaria pills this morning, too. Not too long now... and the only thing left to do is pack. I hate packing and we obviously have been procrastinating.

I really, really, really hate to pack. Can't stand it. I wish there's a magic potion to feed the cats so they can do it for me. All I really have to do then, is tell them what I want to bring with me and they'll do the rest. How I wish! I can wish some more, but of course, that's not ever going to happen in this life. I like going on a holiday, I just really dislike the fact that I have to pack for it.

No comments: