Friday, November 25, 2011

Prata lunch date

More than a year on since our last visit, and despite the fact that the website looks horridly outdated - Surprise! Surprise! Cili Padi is still open for business!

Given how close Silver Bullet’s temporary office to mine these days, we do take the opportunity every few days to meet up for lunch, and yesterday, we decided to take a gamble all the way to Silom.

It took us almost hour to get there by BTS, and by the time we got back to our respective offices, 2 hours had passed. In all honestly, I am not sure if the trip is all worth it, but given the cravings I have had for real, authentic pratas these days, it is the only place I can think of that serves something decent. (and definitely glad that they are still in business)

The curry that went with the prata was fortunately pretty good, and we tar-paoed some of those pratas and a piece of murtabak home.


Unfortunately, they ran out of satays, mee goreng as well as the Asam Pedas dish which I did not mind having them to go as well. I guess we’ll have to do that for another time.

The Teh Tarik was still pretty good, and I had some prata leftover with curry this morning for breakfast. Yum!

Very unfortunately, they don’t do any home delivery, and I know this is one place good place to look out for when the craving for Malaysian food strikes.

That makes me a rather cheap date - prata for lunch!

For those curious, the humble restaurant is opened every day, except Friday and is currently located at ITF Building,  Ground Floor @ Silom Narathiwat Soi 1, Bangkok.

No comments: