Friday, November 11, 2011

11.11.11

Halfway through walking me to the end of the soi this morning, Silver Bullet just suddenly turned to me and went, “Oh, are you not going to wish me a happy birthday?

Oh mother of crap oooops! I cannot believe that I had actually completely forgotten about it.While we hardly ever make a big fuss out of both our birthdays and don't usually celebrate it, I personally hardly ever forget the birthdays of loved ones – thanks to reminders. But today, my reminders were off and my brain is functioning like a sieve.

So, for the first time in 7 years since we knew each other, my eyes widened in guilt as, I cannot believe that I have forgotten my husband’s birthday! I mean, how could I? Especially when I have been hounding him for days on end to tell me what he wants as a birthday gift, (I never got an answer!) and the fact that I hounded him again last night before we went to bed (still no answer, so no present!).

And this morning, it was as if the Men in Black came and wiped out any memories I ever have of a birthday!

Not something I am proud of, to be honest.

And then, a few hours later, I realized that today is the day everyone raves about – the rare 11.11.11.

How cool is it to be having a birthday on 11.11.11?

I mean, we have this once in a lifetime rare day of 11.11.11 where everyone else is probably getting married or having a c-section because it is so special, and then there is me, the ditsy wife who not only callously forgot the birthday of her other half, but also has forgotten to get him a birthday present or plan something special on this special day of 11.11.11.

Tch…tch…tch. I am an idiot. And all I got him was a bunch of lousy licorice which he loves so much, and I reckon, enough to last him till his next birthday.

But I am glad that he loves me all the same. Ditsy and all…

Oh, and at the last minute, decided to whip out his favourite dish -  a mean beef steak. I wanted to get him a cake too, but the bakery ran out of stock. (Must be the flood!)

Happy Birthday, Silver Bullet!

No comments: