Saturday, April 30, 2011

Holland Day 15 onwards: The Last Bits

The last time we went to Holland more than 2 years ago, there was barely any chance to go visit Silver Bullet’s maternal grandparents. This time round though, as they now lived a mere 15 minutes away from Silver Bullet’s parents, we managed to visit them at their place twice!


For me, it has been a long time ago since I recall having any contacts with my own grandparents (they passed on long time ago), and so it brought back nice feelings when I see how much they doted on Silver Bullet. Elderly as they are, they are still pretty mobile, lucid, and able to carry on a conversation. Silver Bullet’s Opa is still able to drive around on his own at his age. Beat that!

Most of all, to me, it is heart-warming to see old folks doing so well and full of life! And after all these years, they are still together…taking care of each other and looking as loving as ever. They were just so happy to see us, and are as doting to Spud.

As for Spud, I don’t think she’ll remember any of it now, but I’m happy to be able to say that she has been cuddled and kissed by a set of great-grand parents! It was such a nice sight.

Did I mention that it was all really heart-warming?

Apart from the visit, the rest of our stay was really just riding it out and making sure that Spud gets to spend as much time as possible with her Oma & Opa as we, the really weary parents, started to make the necessary preparation with the imminent journey home.

2 comments:

Fadzlon-sg said...

I like this Oma enjoying feeding & Opah playing with granddaughter. Greatgrand-father & Mother must be very happy.

The Sleeping Dragon said...

I'm sure they had a blast too! :D