Sunday, January 6, 2013

The fearless one

It was such a joy to have been able to spend some one-on-one time with Spud for 2 consecutive half-days in the last few days before I am officially due to go back to work next week after a self-imposed holiday season.

We had lots of fun, Spud and I. The first day, I took her for a little excursion to Siam Ocean world (again!). Needless to say, the penguins continue to be her favourite exhibit. She has warmed up to the giant crabs (she refused to come anywhere close to it before!) but is still apprehensive of the moving light projections on the floor which seemed to scare the living daylight out of her. (I have no idea why.)

She had her lunch of home made fried rice which I packed, and because she behaved so well, I figured there was no harm to share a little bit of my chocolate milkshake (she finished most of it!), some chicken tenders and french fries from Burger King.

Spud closing in on the giant crabs' exhibit
The penguins remain her favourite!

Day 2 of our day together, I took her to a newly opened play centre called Kidzoona. It is such an awesome place that I think it would need a separate review on its own. It is a huge play area, and it is of no surprise that Spud's favourite station is the one with the big giant slide! 

This little tot is just fearless - she just goes, and goes and goes; each time with a big massive giggle when she hits the bottom. A few times, she actually bounced a few times at the bottom before she stopped. Quite hilarious to watch her in this video:


For once in a long, long time, she was a really pleasant child to be with. I really did enjoy our day together - something which I haven't done with Spud for a while. It is heartening to know that she is able to behave and listen really well. And most of all, she was actually very nice and kind to me! 

She was so tired out after our day out that she fell asleep almost immediately when I put her to bed for her afternoon nap.

It was 2 half days worth spending with my one and only daughter. Watching her go was just priceless and there is no doubt in my mind that she enjoyed herself thoroughly.


No comments: